I had a great time traveling from Seattle to Los Angeles... I was at the airport for many extra hours but met so many nice people.
I don't remember ever having such a good time traveling and meeting so many interesting and kind people? Maybe it was my cool clear cane or maybe more than that, maybe it was me?
I was more willing to talk to others and be kind... It was amazing...
An older lady bought me delicious oysters at the airport bar and we had a great conversation. I also talked with a 24 year old from Alaska who was super excited to be traveling in the lower 48... He wanted to travel and see the world and his excitement was tangible. He loves working hard so he said he was trying to save up and try and travel every three or six months, somewhere new. These people were so nice. Of course there was also the guy who checked me in. With a cane he made sure I had proper accommodations but I was early I insisted on walking. There was a guy behind me who asked me if I needed help and ended up talking to everyone in our security line because we were all surprised we didn't have to take our shoes off.
Our flight was delayed over an hour so Virgin gave us free movies and a free drink or snack. Having the tv and watching movies I think really helped with peoples attitudes about the delay even though we didn't land till 1am..
No comments:
Post a Comment