Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tysabri...

Tomorrow I will get my 7th, monthly infusion of Tysabri.  So far, its been the best ms med I have been on.  It takes 2 hours at the infusion center, one hour of meds and one for observation and flushing with saline.  After the infusion I usually feel more fatigued than usual, stiff and full.  It usually takes a day or two for me to start feeling better.  On a good month, I have a few weeks feeling good then the symptoms start getting stronger as I get closer to my next infusion...
We are hopeful that I might improve even more after being on this medication for a while but mostly the medication is hopefully slowing down the progression of my ms.   I am willing to try anything that doesn't make my everyday unpleasant...
I am also trying to be health conscious, trying to reduce my intake of gluten, dairy and processed foods.   I try to exercise or stretch everyday which takes a lot of energy, this makes it tough to get a lot done in a regular day.  I am trying not to stress myself out thinking about what I am not doing but enjoying the things I am doing.  Learning my new limits and avoiding denial which can lead to injury is my new full time job...
I am hopeful I will be able to create work and at least work part time.


2 comments:

  1. Love you sara! You are so inspirational and kind hearted ♡ happy to be able to call you a friend :-) if you ever need anything and I can help please let me know! ♡mama

    ReplyDelete