Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Extremely grateful...

I am amazed...
speechless...
overwhelmed....
By the outpouring of generosity and caring that I receive from the amazing glass community...
I never imagined that anything like this would ever happen for me!
The people from one of the glass conventions,
put together an auction to raise money to help me pay bills, etc....
Completely overwhelmed by the whole experience..
So many people donated...
Artists I knew....
Artists I admire...
Artists I haven't met yet...
Companies and friends...
Donated glass to be auctioned off...
At the auction,
I could barely talk...
express thanks...
attempted to let it all in...
Took me about an hour and even then I was still incredibly nervous and emotional..
friends coming up to me to show support...
well wishes...
shared stories...
true friendships...
real support...
It was truly amazing!
Then, of course are those who bid on the pieces!!!
Spending money on glass for me!
People I knew...
People I didn't...
Amazing new friends who showed real support for me...
The cause...
Some said it was good to give to a good cause..
It was incredible receiving...
I couldn't really process it without completely loosing it,
so I held it in...
I felt stronger than ever...
Incredibly grateful that this community that I love so much,
loves me back!
Doesn't get better than this :)
Especially since I haven't been able to do my glass for the last 2 years...
One of my friends and fellow artists,
expressed comfort in this auction...
Its like an insurance policy for our community!
For friends in need..
The people who put on the auction gave me the pieces that didn't get bid on...
To auction off myself or try and sell...
I don't want to let those who donated down...
I wasn't able to see all pieces that were donated and haven't seen a list yet...
I hope that the artists realize how grateful I am...
But I guess if you give,
its not about receiving...
I have renewed dedication to this movement and this glass community...
I plan to get more involved and give back...
I need to get back to creating,
even if its just a few little things...
I miss the glass routine...
With this money I can rebuild my studio...
Get some tanks in there so I can get back that part of myself...
I have this radiating hope...
Even though I am battling this ms,
I don't and can't give up on my dreams...
Its just not the way I had planned....
I met two other glass artists who have ms...
That really was the greatest gift I got on the trip!
It was great to talk with them and see how they are dealing...
What symptoms, meds and diet they are using...
They both seemed to agree good nutrition is important....
also balancing stress...
It was truly great to have them come up to me and open up so freely...
It is like a secret club...
I am hugely grateful I have been so open and honest about this experience...
I hope this the beginning of a new direction in my life...
Hoping I will surprise myself...
Extremely grateful...

No comments:

Post a Comment